05 Jun Racism Hurts. YOU can make a difference.
We’ll never truly know what it’s like, but we want to try to make a difference. To make tomorrow better.
Want to help but don’t know what to do?
We feel the same way. Here are a few ideas we came up with:
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Going to Meet the Man by James Baldwin
- Citizen by Claudia Rankine
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The 1616 Project in the New York Times Magazine
- Dear White America: Letter to a New Minority by Tim Wise
- Take the Appleton Dignity and Respect Campaign Pledge.
- Conduct a diversity audit of your organization.
- Volunteer for a social justice organization. Here’s one we know of locally.
- Contact your elected officials and ask how you can help.
- Listen more than you speak. Start a conversation with someone new.